-->

30 July 2011

{REVIEW} My make-up bag + Taiwanese shimmer stick review

Hello! First I'm going to start this post off with some pictures of what's in my make-up bag! hehe, this should be fun, yeah? c;



Outside of my make-up bag




Inside of my make-up bag




Stuff on the left side




Stuff on the right side


So, on the left side I've got my actual "make-up" which includes my Stila lip glaze in Pinkle Twinkle, my menthal lip shine from Bath & body Works in Hot Buttered Rum, my Urban Decay lash primer/waterproofer, my Napoleon Perdis Set mascara in black, my Taiwanese shimmer stick in white (not sure what the brand is; the name kind of got rubbed off), my Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in Yeyo, and my Urban Decay Grind House sharpener. I usually don't carry much, just the stuff I need for everyday wear and whatnot.

On to the right side! On the right side I store most of my tools and things I might need, just in case. I've got my eyelash curler, an empty lens case, a travel bottle filled with lens solution, eye drops for when my contacts get dry, my cute pink mini tweezerman tweezers, e.l.f. oil blotting sheets, double-eyelid tape, two hair-ties, and my pink bang holder. This stuff comes in handy all the time and I'm so glad that I have it in there.


-----------------------------------


Okay, now it's time for my review on the Taiwanese shimmer sticks. I ordered mine from Angelic Rain for $4 + free shipping. Here is what mine looks like:



When my package was delivered, it got left out in the mailbox and my poor little shimmer stick had to endure the 100+ degree weather. It ended up melting a little bit, but I held it under the AC in my mom's car with hopes of it cooling off and luckily it did! So I had a somewhat normal looking shimmer stick after that! >w<



Swatch on my hand


As you can see, it's very bright and shimmery. It's pretty, isn't it? c:

Color: ★★★★★
Smudge-proof?: No, but I'm more than sure that it's meant to be smudge-able. It's very easy to blend.
Long-lasting?: Yes. For me it lasts around 6-8 hours, and then I have to reapply just a little bit.

Overall rating: ★★★★★ 5/5

These are very useful and they last for a long amount of time. You don't have to use it just as an eyeliner; you could use it as an eyeshadow, use it to brighten up your face, or apply it to your lips. As for my thoughts on the store, I like Angelic Rain. They give you free shipping, regardless of where you are, and the prices are relatively low. They've got a decent amount of items to buy as well. I haven't bought any circle lenses from them, but I'm thinking about it. Their circle lenses are at a good price, imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment