-->

11 July 2012

{DIY} studded +spiked camera strap



Hey there! It's been a while, huh? Well, today I have a little DIY post for all you cuties with a big (somewhat ) lunky camera like me! Check it out ~

my fujifilm so far! still working on it as I find things to add

close-up
So this is a really easy DIY and it should take you around 10 minutes or so. (It took me 15 minutes because I could not focus and I kept poking myself with the stud prongs....) If you're not familiar with studs I'll give you a brief little explanation! All you have to do is push the stud through your strap and then push the prongs in from the back. For the spikes it gets a little more complicated. First you want to poke a hole through where you're going to put it. After you've got that done you need to make it bigger. There are a lot of ways you can do this, but the two techniques I use are taking scissors and snipping a little (when I'm tired and lazy...beware of this method though, you might mess up and it can't really be fixed if you do) OR you can take a screwdriver and twist it through the hole. I usually use the screwdriver method because it keeps things more clean looking, if that makes sense to you guys...

That's all you have to do! You can experiment and do your own thing too! I settled for just studding near the ends of my strap because I'm low on studs and spikes and my strap has this neck comfort thing in the middle. I think it'd look really cool if you studded the whole thing though!! I really like how just a few studs and spikes really gives some edge to such a plain item. Now I can feel like one of those badass chicks who take pictures for bands and stuff (we ain't talkin' 'bout no high school marching band here doe). = w=

I've got some more DIYs with spikes to post, so look out for those!

If you do decide to do this, I wish you good luck and hope you enjoy your new badass camera strap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment