-->

19 July 2012

{REVIEW} L'Oreal's Infallible 24H Lacquer Liner +Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

As promised, here are the reviews ~

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE 24H LACQUER LINER

swatches of both

right eye

right eye after 13 hours

left eye after 13 hours
PROS:

  • brush quality is superb
  • easy to apply


CONS:

  • smudges after long wear


Overall I think it's a good product. I'm a little disappointed that it smudged, but I didn't expect much there. My face is generally very oily so eyeliners always smudge on me. I haven't yet found one that doesn't smudged on me. Anyways, back to this one. I got mine in Espresso which is a very dark brown, but it's not as harsh as black. I think it's nice and gives an almost dreamy look. It came with a brush and was around $8-9 at Walmart. The brush it comes with is really nice!! At first I was a bit skeptical about it, but it turned out to be better than my I ♥ Sephora liner brush (similar here). It's very easy to make thin and thick lines with this brush.

Unfortunately, after 13 hours both eyes had smudged and I got the dreaded raccoon eyes. A bit disappointing, but keep in mind I have very oily skin and was sweating a bit today (the high for today was 99 degrees). My left eye smudged more because it was tearing up a bit. This liner is supposed to be waterproof, but I guess when you combine tears with an oily face it just won't hold up.

I give this liner a 4/5. I really like it and will probably buy it again.

REVLON JUST BITTEN KISSABLE BALM STAIN


swatch

before - no balm

after - with balm
PROS:

  • very pigmented
  • long lasting
  • soft finish - in between lipstick and lipgloss
  • smells nice - it has a minty smell
  • glides smoothly across lips


CONS:

  • dries out your lips


I got mine in Honey which is a nudey pink close to my natural lip color. I am in love with this product now!! It's my lip color enhanced x10! Haha, well maybe I'm exaggerating but it really is a great product. The stain lasts for quite a while, even after drinking and eating. This product does seem like it dries out your lips. It's strange though; when I first put it on I felt like it would moisturize. Oh well though. The finish is very nice though. It's a mix of lipstick and lip gloss with a soft glistening finish. It's not too shiny or too sticky! This product cost $8-9 at Walmart.

I cannot wait to go to the store and get more. Next time I'm going to pick up a bright red color!

I give it a 4/5.

Have you tried either of these? If so, let me know and tell me what you think of them!

2 comments: